Thursday, December 3, 2009

My new Dell Inspiron 531 wrong graphics card? plus only VGA slot?

I bought a dell sempron 531 5 days ago and got it delivered yesterday ----but it only has a VGA slot in the back is this correct.?



I bought a dell AMD sempron 531 with a NVIDIA GeForce 6150 LE Integrated Graphics GPU. I checked it out on Belarc Advisor it says I have the NVIDIA GeForce 6150 SE Integrated Graphics GPU ---%26gt;not "LE" one.



1) Did they err? Is there a difference between the two? My receipt says I got the "LE" but Belarc Advisor program (which never lies) says "SE".



2) And the main question isnt there supposed to be a dvi slot in the back also ? Mine has only a VGA slot.



I didnt buy a monitor from them as I had a 17 inch dell FP digital monitor (has vga and dvi slots and cables) --obviously with this computer I will only be able to use the VGA one! I want knowledgeble computer people out there to answer the above please so I can phone Dell tech if necessary.



Please help regarding those 2 ques



My new Dell Inspiron 531 wrong graphics card? plus only VGA slot?

LE (Limited Edition)



'LE' cards, like 'SE' cards, are designed around the lowest specifications in use for any particular graphics core. A video card line may come with an 'LE' card in the lineup, or an 'SE' card in the lineup, but never both; because of this, they can both be considered effectively the same.



http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ATI_Video_C...



Some video cards have a VGA slot, which also includes a VGA -%26gt; DVI connecter



http://www.jkcomputersystems.com/Assets/...



My new Dell Inspiron 531 wrong graphics card? plus only VGA slot?

It should come with an connect for dvi to vga.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
commericial loan