Sunday, December 6, 2009

How do I find out what graphics card I can use? EXACTLY!?

I already know my computer uses Integrated Graphics. I have everest home edition and I still don't know what I can put in. When I opened the case I saw a black slot with the word PCI-e over it, but when I looked at a pci-express graphics card there are more plugs that you have to put in as well. Please help, Thanks



How do I find out what graphics card I can use? EXACTLY!?

the easiest way is to take your pc to a GOOD pc shop, they can see what card you can use in a flash.



How do I find out what graphics card I can use? EXACTLY!?

the trick to using PCI-Express cards is the number directly after the "PCI-E". You could have a PCI-E x1, x4, or x16 slot. That number on your motherboard with correspond with the one on the graphics card you are buying. If you have a PCI-express x16 slot, buy the same graphics card. Also remember this,



"A PCIe card will physically fit (and work correctly) in any slot that is at least as large as it is (e.g. an x1 sized card will work in any sized slot), and a slot of a large physical size (e.g. x16) can be wired electrically with fewer lanes (e.g. x1 or x8) as long as it provides the power and ground connections required by the larger physical slot size." (Wikipedia).



Hope this helps you out a little

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
commericial loan