Thursday, December 3, 2009

If I have a Nvidia 6800 graphics card, can I upgrade to Nvidia 8800? Are all graphics cards compatib

I have a Dell XPS 400 with 6800 series and want to replace it with a 8800 series graphics card. Are the slots and stuff the same? How would I know if it would fit or not?



If I have a Nvidia 6800 graphics card, can I upgrade to Nvidia 8800? Are all graphics cards compatible?

8800 cards fit in a 16x pci express slot make you have that



confirm using cpuz



for power supply..... most dells use a non-standard power supply to prevent users from upgrading....(to buy new stuff from them)... but check to be sure...



and if you are getting a new powersupply... get one that is 80%+ efficiency..



If I have a Nvidia 6800 graphics card, can I upgrade to Nvidia 8800? Are all graphics cards compatible?

Well, according to Dell, it seems the Dell XPS 400 is a PCI-E slot one. So this means yeah, the GeForce8800GT will fit in there.



Lastly though, make sure your power supply can take the video card. The GeForce 8800 is a power hungry video card. I suggest at least a 500W power supply for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
commericial loan